The Common Criteria Users Forum (CCUF) was founded in 2012 and is a community based around those using the Common Criteria and ISO/IEC 15408 standards. The CCUF is an evolution of the CC Vendors' forum (founded in 2004) and the CC Forum (founded in 2010).
The Common Criteria Users’ Forum mission is to provide a voice and communications channel between the CC community and the CC organizational committees, CC evaluation schemes, and policy makers.
In order to further the CCUF mission, our objectives are to improve and promote Common Criteria by seeking to:
- Support and foster the goal of worldwide mutual recognition;
- Promote focused international Technical Communities and technical working groups, to enable the creation of useful, realistic, internationally-recognized protection profiles, supporting documents, and advance Common Criteria;
- Help to assure customers of evaluated products with meaningful evaluation results;
- Encourage viable policies and processes for maintaining certification through product updates;
- Encourage viable policies and processes for certifying systems that are composed of certified parts;
- Minimize the time, effort, and cost required to complete evaluations which lead to appropriate levels of assurance.
How to enroll
You can join us by following the instructions on the "Join Us" tab.
Members of the CCUF are encouraged to actively participate in the group's activities, your input is welcomed!
The CCUF Charter and Policies are available in the CCUF Charter and Policies, outlining terms for the following:
- Principles of Operation
- CCUF Rules
- Management Group
Current management team
The current CCUF Management Board consists of the following 7 elected members from across the CCUF membership:
- Miguel Bañón, Consultant
- Mike Grimm, Microsoft
- Kwangwoo Lee, HP (Vice chair)
- Petra Manche, Cisco (Chair)
- Lachaln Turner, Lightship Security
- Michael Vogel, atsec
- Brian Wood, Samsung
They were elected in May 2020, and will be serving for a 2 year term.
The CCUF management board is in liaison with the Common Criteria Development Board (CCDB).
The CCUF is proud to include approximately 800 members from the CC community:
- Vendors - 40%
- Laboratories - 28%
- Validation schemes - 12%
- Consultants - 7%
- Government - 6%
- Others - 7%
Past CCUF Events
Presentations and other material for these events are available to CCUF members on the CCUF portal.
FAQs, White Papers, Introductory material
- Common Criteria - Frequently Asked Questions
- Collaborative Protection Profiles: The Benefits of an Evolved Common Criteria Implementation
- Common Criteria - Process Overview Prezi
For Collaborative Technical Communities
Currently membership of the CCUF is free of charge.
How to register as a new user with the CCUF
Members of the CCUF are encouraged to actively participate in the group's activities, your input is most welcome!
The CCUF Portal is currently hosted by Onlyoffice.
You can join us by registering at the CCUF Portal as follows:
- Go to https://ccusersforum.onlyoffice.com/auth.aspx
- Once the following form appears, enter your information and click the Send message button:
- Your Name
- The group that you are associated with. One of:
- Academic, Consultant, End User, Government, Laboratory, Scheme, Solutions Provider, Vendor, Other